Urban vertical farming will be the foundation on which our food system continues
to evolve. Don’t get left behind.
Like many, I knew that there was more to my future than just a job. While studying international development and food security issues, I discovered vertical farming and realized how to truly make a difference.
What’s lacking for both aspiring and veteran vertical farmers is free access to analysis and case studies that explain the reality and the potential of vertical farming. I created the Urban Vertical Project to fill in that gap and encourage more people to think about reinventing our food system.
The Urban Vertical Project and the Pro Vertical Farm blog have grown faster than I could have hoped as I continue my research both on vertical farming and the food movement as a whole. Please explore our work on the blog and follow me on twitter for curated insight on vertical farming (seriously, I have the best twitter for people interested in vertical farming as part of a sustainable food system).
Want to learn more? Join other professionals, researchers, and students on our list for access to the Urban Vertical Project’s original research and the most up-to-date alerts about innovation.
Haven’t found what you’re looking for? Use the search feature at the top of the page and if you need some good places to start, look no further:
I’m an accomplished vertical farming professional and I want to help you take your ideas from concepts to reality. I will offer advice, point you in the right direction for research or show you where we’ve covered it before on the site. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- My Farm (Rosemont)
- Personal Hydroponic System For Less Than $100
- The Best DIY Vertical System
- Case Competition Winner
- Green wall consulting (private clients)
- Early stage vertical farm consulting (private clients)
Where have I been featured?
- Grower’s Coach: MBA: Master’s of Badass Agriculture
- Sustainable Cities Collective: How Vertical Farming Can Make You a Better Eater
- Agritecture: Can You Actually Explain What Makes LEDs So Special?
- World Economic Forum: How vertical farming can make you a better eater
- Bright Agrotech: Strawberry Fields Forever: The Future of Organic Strawberry Production
- Foundation Earth: Why Vertical Farms?
Exclusive Urban Vertical Project Interviews:
- What Rare Plants Grow In Hydroponics?
- Growing Microgreens-6 Figures From A Shipping Container
- Pop-Up Aquaponics at the Mall
- The Expert Vertical Farming Business Model From Indoor Harvest
- Fresh Water Greens: A Hydroponic Success Story
- More info than you ever wanted to start your vertical farm
- How to fix the sustainability problem you didn’t know you had
- Living Furniture: How the aquaponic table came to be
- Future Tech Farm
I’ve presented on the food movement and vertical farming at American University, Columbia University, CASA Future Harvest, and Rooting DC. If you’d like me to participate in your event, drop me a line on twitter or shoot me an email.
Fact: There will be 9 billion mouths to feed by 2050
Fact: 80% of those mouths will be in cities
Fact: 20% more land than is covered by Brazil will be needed to feed them using traditional
Evan is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Just know that I only recommend stuff that I’ve read, used, and liked myself and I just include this as a way that you can give back for all the other content.
soon to be proverticalfarm.com